Within the Business Banking department, focused on credit activities, you will have a double role.
On the one hand you will be part of the Middle Office Business Loans team, with the responsibility for monitoring and managing existing project finance transactions in the Renewable Energy sector. You will be a key partner for the relationship managers, providing them with technical support in structuring, managing and monitoring the Renewable Energy clients and loans.
On the other hand you will be part of the Syndication Desk team. Within the Business Banking Department, the Syndication Desk coordinates the syndication activity for Triodos Bank across the different branches (NL, UK, DE, BE, FR and ES).
As a Senior Portfolio Manager, focused on financing renewable energy projects:
- Commercial negotiation phase:
- During the commercial negotiation where necessary you will provide the relationship manager with technical support in structuring the credit documentation;
- During the lifetime of a loan:
- Once a loan documentation has been signed, you will be the key interface with internal (front office, back office, legal services, risk services) and external (borrower, banking union and lenders’ advisers) stakeholders and will play a coordinating role, with smooth and consistent communication, and managing contacts with customers in more complex cases, and accompanying the Relationship Managers in their customer/prospect consultations.
- You will be responsible for a portfolio of project finance loans, for which you will carry out monitoring and (financial) compliance checks with contractual commitments, including covenants;
- You will write credit reviews for the project finance loans, for which the ultimate responsibility remains with the Relationship Manager;
- Periodically, you will manage events affecting credit risk, and prepare and submit amendment requests to the (international) credit committee;
- As a Senior Portfolio Manager you will coach the junior Portfolio Managers in order to raise the competence level of the Middle Office Business Loans team.
As a Senior Officer Syndication Desk, you will assist the Syndication Desk Manager in the various tasks covered by the Desk.
- Liaise with local origination teams and financial institutions in the search for and execution of business opportunities
- Ensure the link between the local origination teams and the Belgian back office which manages the operations in Loan
- Coordinate the transmission and reliability of information between the origination teams and the back office
- Ensure the control of risks specific to the syndication process (operational, process, legal,...)
- Follow-up of the dealflow and reporting
- Assist in the design / continuous improvement of processes and working instructions
- Be the point of reference for the origination teams for all syndication related issues (operational, contractual, commercial)
- You hold a master’s degree in finance, economics or law, and have significant experience in the field of project finance / syndicated loans activities.
- You are able to juggle a variety of tasks independently while remaining rigorous and reliable, in order to deliver results within the established timeframe.
- You are risk-sensitive and capable of handling commercial, financial and legal problems.
- You have an analytical mindset and are able to conduct financial analysis
- You are able to make and defend clear, well-argued positions.
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills and can communicate in the interests of the financed projects and of the bank and demonstrate proficiency in dealing with a wide variety of points of contact.
- You are a team player, have a hands-on approach and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- You speak English, Dutch and French fluently. Knowledge of Spanish or German is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Loan IQ will be an advantage.
- You share the values of Triodos Bank and identify with the sectors in which we are active.
Triodos Bank is Europe’s leading sustainable bank. It makes money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. Our mission is to use the money entrusted to us by savers and investors to provide transparent finance for entrepreneurs and sustainable organisations. For us, money is a tool for sustainable development.Triodos Bank is an independent financial institution founded in the Netherlands in 1980, with offices in Belgium, the United Kingdom, Spain and Germany.
Our employees identify with our mission and possess the skills to put it into practice in their work.
Triodos Bank has an exciting vacancy within a fast-growing company. You will benefit from an attractive salary package, and will join a company founded on sustainable values.
Do you share the ambition of a sustainable bank? Please send us your CV and covering letter via the ‘apply now’ link.
15 juin 2021