The ‘Mi Vecino' (my neighbour) project, for example, is an important channel for Banco Pichincha to enter deepter into the market and reach those who have no or limited access to finance. As part of this project, Banco Pichincha has installed Point-of-Sales (POS) in shops and kiosks.
Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided subordinated debt to Banco Pichinca.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 1,063,278
- average loan amount: EUR 2,646
- percentage female clients: 45%
- percentage rural clients: 6%
- number of savings clients 2,514,210